Easy Tomato Sauce
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 clove garlic (optional) crushed
- ½ red Pepper finely chopped
- ½ green pepper finely chopped
- Finely chopped shitake mushrooms – soaked and stalk removed
- Tin of organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 tspn spoon dried basil or 2 tbsp freshly chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (optional) not too much as it is hot.
- ½ tbsp of marigold low salt veggie boullion
- ½ cup of red or white wine optional.
- Some black pepper.
melt some olive oil or rapeseed oil in a pan add veg and garlic and soften.
Add the tinned tomatoes, basil, stock and spices, and black pepper.
Cook for about 20/25 mins and then blend with hand blender.
If you feel it needs salt at this stage you can add a pinch of sea salt or another teaspoon of boullion.
You can use this with any meat or veggie dish or make some bean chilli with it just add a little more cayenne pepper.